Search this blog and The Mike's favorite blogs!

December 11, 2010

FMWL Indie Spotlight - The Soska Twins' American Mary Teaser is ALIVE!!!!!

If I were listing the most exciting genre cinema experiences I had in 2010 - which I will be doing in a few weeks - one of them would certainly be that I was introduced to the work of Jen and Sylvia Soska, the Twisted Twins behind the soon-to-be cult classic Dead Hooker in a Trunk.  December 11th marks Twisted Twins Productions' second anniversary, and the diabolical duo have a gift for us today.  It's the teaser trailer for their next feature film, American Mary.  I'm not quite sure what it is, but I can start to make some guesses....and I want it now.
 

For more info on American Mary, The Soskas, and everything Twisted, head on over to their official site.  And rest assured, this isn't the last time you'll hear about them at FMWL - as I'll be reviewing one of their short films in the very near future as part of our ongoing partnership with the Bleedfest Film Festival!

1 comment:

-Lou said...

I can't deduce much from this trailer, but it did entice me to go back and read your review of "Dead Hooker in a Trunk", which I've jotted down on my need-to-check-out list. I'm not necessarily a fan of excessive splatter (I find it used far too frequently as a distraction covering a weak script) but I am a fan of creativity. I also agree with your general point about indy horror- I'm getting a little sick of films that are trying SO hard to be clever that they come across as snarky, self-conscious bores.