Search this blog and The Mike's favorite blogs!

July 13, 2010

Some Call Me Versatile, Even Though That's Not My Name!

Good afternoon, Midnight Warriors. While I plan to bring you all a fine Random Horror Throwdown this evening, I thought I'd take a moment this afternoon to spread some blog cheer. You see, the fantastic Mr. Joe Monster from over at From Beyond Depraved felt the itch to offer FMWL the prestigious Versatile Blogger Award. While I don't usually partake in these blog award shindigs, I'm feeling most appreciative of late and am more than happy to accept this honor.

With great awards comes great responsibility, so I must fulfill some conditions that come with the award. Primarily, the recipient should 1) Thank the blogger who gave the award; b) Share 7 random facts about theirself; and, lastly, pass the award on to 15 wonderful bloggers who they find to be most fantastic. Done and done.

First of all, Joe Monster. If you haven't experienced From Beyond Depraved yet, you're missing one of the most fantastic young horror blogs on the web. Mr. Monster is one of the most talented writers I've come across, and his passion for the horror genre bleeds through each of his posts. He's quickly become one of the most likeable folks in the horror blog world, and I'm most grateful to receive this award from him.

But enough about him, let's talk about me. (One of my least favorite topics, I assure you.) Seven things you probably don't know about The Mike...begin now.

1. I occasionally sit around cross-legged with one leg (or at least one calf) directly on top of the other. It's weird, but comfy. In fact, I'm doing it right now.
2. I grew up assuming I would take over our family's farm, which had been around for over 100 years. Alas, it was not to be, and I moved on to become a city-dweller (at least in Iowan terms).
3. My quest to bring the horror genre to the world began at a young age. In 2nd Grade, I completed a project for display in a school fair which featured histories of Universal's Monsters, King Kong, Godzilla, and more, all set to one of those scary sound effects cassettes that played through my red tape player.4. I learned to read at age 2 by memorizing The Berenstain Bears and The Spooky Old Tree. Do they dare go into the spooky old tree? Do they dare? Yes, they dare!
5. Last fall, I spent about two months recovering from a knee-injury that occurred while I was dancing to Lady Gaga. (She told me to Just Dance, so I feel she's responsible for damages.)
6. I graduated from college (Iowa State University, to be exact....GO CYCLONES!) with a minor in English. This only happened because I realized I had enough credits for one after taking a couple of film classes and a Science Fiction course.
7. I'm really fond of clocks. No idea why, I just always end up stopping and staring at the clocks in any store. I assume this is due to some kind of alien imprinting, and that when the invasion happens it will turn out that I've already been marked as a "sleeper" agent. (OK, that last sentence isn't true...I hope.)

Now, the fun part, spreading the love, like a joyous rash, to 15 amazing blogs. Mr. Monster's list of blogs covers about 14 of the ones I'd have named (I'm shunning, of course, that From Midnight fellow), but I'm still running into trouble cutting my list down to 15. To those I follow and love who aren't listed below, I apologize.She Blogged By Night
Shredded Cheddar
I Like Horror Movies
Hey! Look Behind You
Z for Zombies
Dead End Drive-In
The Quest to Watch Every Movie Ever
Cinema Obsessed
The Person You Benefit From Knowing
Heart in a Jar
Midnight Fright
The Kid in the Hall
The WGON Helicopter
Radiation-Scarred Reviews
Enter The Man-Cave

Thanks to all these fab bloggers for continuing to be fab. Read them, read From Beyond Depraved, read the blogs he listed...read so much that you never need to come back to this hole-in-the-wall site!

(But please, come back anyway. I won't bite.)

7 comments:

Morgan said...

Thank you so much, Mike! This has made my day!

The Mike said...

You're welcome ma'am. Keep up the awesome!

Strange Kid said...

The Bernstein Bears?! Well played 'ole chum, well played. I loved those books growing up!

Jinx said...

Marvellous! I'm particularly taken with your clock thing. You rule!

Jose Cruz said...

Most excellent, Sir (The) Mike! I appreciate your kind words and am always charmed by your eloquence. You have a fantastic blog here and I'm glad we've gotten the chance to battle side by side on this side of midnight. Three cheers and keep up the spectacular work!

P.S. I love your new Versatility Award Picture. Glad to know you're a fellow moustache enthusiast!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thank you, The Mike! =D

It means a lot to get a reward for being versatile from a Horror blog, when I'm a mild-mannered book blogger for most of the month. And the moon isn't even full! What a great surprise! =)

PS--My captcha is "expladde." It sounds like some fancy thing one could do in a gory movie, aye? LOL!

Hey! Look Behind You! said...

I'm late on this but thank you :)