Search this blog and The Mike's favorite blogs!

July 24, 2010

The Horror Blogger Meme of the Day (plus, STUFF!)

Hey Midnight Warriors, hope you're having a spooktastic weekend (or at least enjoying a random image of Captain Chaos). By now you've probably noticed that bloggers love MEMES. Me, I never even heard of that word before I started blogging. Totally looked it up finally, too. Basically, it means a cultural thing that spreads like herpes. But in this case, thanks to Pax over at Billy Loves Stu, is awesome.

Before that, a couple more thank yous need to be given to blogs that have mentioned FMWL in the ongoing Blog Award things this week (which, according to my understanding, is definitely a MEME!) Thanks to Matt over at Chuck Norris Ate My Baby, Micah over at 365HorrorMovie.com, and The Girl Who Loves Horror over at...The Girl Who Loves Horror! All fine folks with better than fine blogs! Or maybe they're better than fine folks with fine blogs. Either way, they're awesome, and you should check them out.

Now, it's time for All About MEME:

The First Ever Billy Loves Stu Meme for Horror Bloggers
1: In Ten Words or Less, Describe Your Blog:
Hopefully, some coherent thoughts amidst droolings about movies I love.

2: During What Cinematic Era Where you Born?
A: The Classic Horror Era (late 30's to 40's)
B: The Atomic Monster/Nuclear Angst Era (the late 40's through 50's)
C: The Psycho Era ( Early 60's)
D: The Rosemary's Baby Era (Mid to Late 60's)
E: The Exorcism Era (Early to mid 70's)
F: The Halloween Era (Late 70's to Early 80's)
G: The Slasher Era (Mid to late 80's)
H: The Self Referential/Post Modern Era (1990 to 1999)

Ain't no party like a Halloween Era tea party.

3: The Carrie Compatibility Question:
(gay men and straight women - make your choice from section A)
A: Billy Nolan or Tommy Ross, who would you take to the prom?
(straight guys and lesbians - make your choice from section B)
B: Sue Snell or Chris Hargensen, who would you take to the prom?

Well, it's definitely between Sue and Chris, but do I really have to go to the prom? I guess I'll pick Chris, because if she cops a 'tude I can leave her on the curb and go home to watch horror movies.

4: You have been given an ungodly amount of money, and total control of a major motion picture studio - what would your dream Horror project be?

Not necessarily a horror project, but I've always wanted to see a Buck Rodgers/Flash Gordon-esque space epic/fictional biopic featuring '80s sin
ger Kim Carnes battling an evil space princess with Bette Davis Eyes. For horror, recently I've been obsessed with someone making a monster movie about CRACK SQUIRRELS.

5: What horror film "franchise" that others have embraced, left you cold?

Gonna get some guff on this one, but I've never bothered to see all of the Nightmare on Elm Street films. The first one's ending turned me off on Fre
ddy and, while I love Dream Warriors, I just never really got into it completely.

6: Is Michael Bay the Antichrist?

Absolutely NOT. In fact, I've long believed that The Rock is the movie that made me The Mike. I'd rather watch it than almost anything. No one that makes something that awesome can possibly be Rob Zombie...errr, the Antichrist. Plus, Bay once tweeted this:

7: Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Frankenstein Monster - which one of these classic villains scares you, and why?

Always felt sympathy for Wolfie and Frankie, so in general I guess I'll go with Dracula. In a fight, Wolf Man.

8: Tell me about a scene from a NON HORROR Film that scares the crap out of you:

Recently, the icy stares of Marion Cotillard in Inception sent shivers flying down my spine.

9: Baby Jane Hudson invites you over to her house for lunch. What do you bring?

An exorcist.

10: So, between you and me, do you have any ulterior motives for blogging? Come, on you can tell me, it will be our little secret, I won't tell a soul.

While I don't deny the occasional dream of actually getting paid to write and not having my day job, mostly I just want to interact with horror fans and cult movie lovers. I live in Iowa, there are two horror fans in this state.

11: What would you have brought to Rosemary Woodhouse's baby shower?

Two exorcists. And a hatchet.

12: Godzilla vs The Cloverfield Monster, who wins?

Godzilla. Ain't no way he's leaving my beloved Minilla an orphan.

13: If you found out that Rob Zombie was reading your blog, what would you post in hopes that he read it?

Umm, I'm pretty sure I've dissed him enough that I wouldn't need to post anything new. Except maybe a giant GO AWAY.

14: What is your favorite NON HORROR FILM, and why?

Rear Window has been my favorite movie for a long, long time. It's almost perfect.

15: If blogging technology did not exist, what would you be doing?

Forcing my friends to watch movies they'd hate and getting frustrated about them not being as awesome as me, basically.

5 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Sweetness!!! You already know I love memes, The Mike. =) I'll be doing this one soon, too.

Oh, I'm ROFLMAO at your answer to #9!

And of course the Halloween Era is the best! ;-) Where would the Slashers be without it?

Pax Romano said...

Thanks for playing The Mike - great answers!

Jinx said...

So funny! I want to see the crack squirrels movie immediately.

Sammy V said...

Hey, I thought you could use some cheeriness on your blog, so I awarded you with the Happy 101...

Love your site!

http://www.nextdoorcritic.com/2010/07/happy-101-award.html

Anonymous said...

"Manilla...come in Manilla..."
Great answers!
Dreaded Dreams
Petunia Scareum