I don't have a lot of time to share the goods with you this week, so this is gonna be a short and sweet post listing some good stuff going on. So let's hit it!
(And, of course, all the folks I mentioned last time are still doing awesome stuff. So catch up with them again too!)
- Chris and Mike, two dudes with attitudes from the undeniably cool All Things Horror, are hosting the second iteration of Shudder Fest on October 26th and 27th. That poster above (and that link) have all the details, but the thing you need to know is that I'm totally heartbroken that I can't be there. If you're in the area, make sure you get your horror lovin' butt there. If not, make sure you keep your eyes on the site for reviews and plenty more goodness.
- The Vault of Horror has long been one of the titans of horror blogs, and B-Sol kicked off this October by revealing a list of The Top 25 Horror TV Shows of All-Time, as voted on by several of us folks who love horror. I can even say "us" - because I was one of the voters. Now I'm not gonna tell you what my list looked like yet - never waste a good post topic, right? - but I will tell you that I'm probably the only guy who voted for Poltergeist: The Legacy. And that's probably a good thing. (I'm sorry, there's a weird "I was a '90s teenager" nostalgia thing that propelled me.)
- I just recently found the blog of The Nitrate Diva, but it didn't take long to feel at home. Anyone who's spending much of October talking about classic horror - and I'm talkin' 1930s classic horror here! - is awesome by me. There's Fay Wray, there's Freaks, there's a breakdown of vampirism, and there's even a bunch of links to good stuff thanks to her own Horror Blogathon. Dig that stuff, dudes and dudettes.
- I'm a sucker for one-a-day horror lists in October, and Chris over at the bloody awesome blog The Conduit Speaks is bringing the goods this month. For example, he's already mentioned C.H.U.D. and Clownhouse. I don't want to tell you I'm in love with his picks, but I'd probably do something crazy like giving them my number and telling them to call me maybe. And you should too.
- Blogger/Author/Jack of All Trades James Gracey, who pulls double duty while keeping up the wicked blog Behind the Couch, has dedicated the month of October to the macabre at his photo-a-day blog, Camera Obscura. These pictures are worth a lot more words than I can give them, but you seriously would be missing out if you didn't click over and check out the spooky goodness there.
That's just a small dose of the awesome horror stuff on the web, and I'll be sure to bring y'all more by the end of the month. In the mean time, feel free to leave links in the comments below and tell me what horror goodness you've been enjoying.
And, last but not least, here's the best thing in my October so far - my brand new niece. What has two thumbs and an awesome horror loving uncle who gives her Halloween outfits and Halloween monkeys? That girl!
|Three hours old, but already a Midnight Warrior!|