June 4, 2011
31. The Entity
(1982, Dir. by Sidney J. Furie.)
The Entity as Midnight Movie of the Week #48 - December 2, 2010
(1988, Dir. by Stan Winston.)
29. The Blob
(1988, Dir. by Chuck Russell.)
28. Of Unknown Origin
(1983, Dir. by George P. Cosmatos.)
Of Unknown Origin as Midnight Movie of the Week #63 - March 16, 2011
(1983, Dir. by David Cronenberg.)
(1988, Dir. by Anthony Hickox.)
1) The actor playing Barbara Hershey's son in The Entity broke his arm during a scene in which he was violently thrown by the titular entity. The son of the "real life" victim of these attacks also had his arm broken in this manner during one of the "attacks". Does that mean something?
2) When I was 8 or 9 years old, the October "Haunted Hayride" in my hometown featured a scarecrow looking character with a large - in my mind it was about five feet in diameter - pumpkin for a head that featured a demonic scowl. I had nightmares about it for weeks, and assumed it was the subject of Pumpkinhead. Have any childhood nightmares you'd like to see on screen?
3) Does anyone know where I can get one of those biohazard suits with the trash can shaped hood that the dudes wear in The Blob? They look wicked fun!
4) The idea of Robocop chasing a giant mouse and setting Tom & Jerry style traps for it in Of Unknown Origin just makes me smile. Do you have any favorite cartoons that you'd like to see as a horror film?
5) I don't really have anything interesting to say about Videodrome. It has chest vaginas that eat Betamax tapes, what can I add to that?
6) Jason Voorhees, the children from Village of the Damned, The Thing, and The Golem were each featured in exhibits in the original script of Waxwork. If you were making your own horror Waxwork, what character couldn't you live without?
Come back soon as the list rolls on; Numbers 25-21 should offer a few surprises! Until then, be well Midnight Warriors!