Search this blog and The Mike's favorite blogs!

February 14, 2011

So, The Rondo Awards Happened...

(Yeah, I hate these posts too.  This blog isn't about me, I know.  But this is the big one in my eyes.)

It's only been a year since I was introduced to The Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards, but when I heard others talk about them and read about the history of the awards, I instantly knew that this was something I wanted From Midnight, With Love to be a part of.  I didn't talk about it, because I didn't want to sound like an attention craving fool, but I spent quite a bit of time when I should have been doing things like working or cleaning or not being a fool daydreaming about what I needed to do to make FMWL Rondo-worthy.  Robocop would say that it became my prime directive.  Somebody must have noticed, because From Midnight, With Love has made the final ballot for the Ninth Annual Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards!  

Instructions on how to vote are in the link above, but I'm not too worried about that right now.  Things get dramatic whenever voting and the internet get together, and I'm not going to bring that to FMWL any time soon.  As is, I'm incredibly honored - truly, deeply honored - to be listed among such great company.  The number one goal of FMWL has always been to share my love of horror and genre cinema and to help excite the same love in others, and this tells me I'm doing something right.

I'm also completely indebted to all the fantastic horror fans and writers I've met over the last couple of years.  There are so many AMAZING blogs out there that deserve to be nominated far more than I do, and being able to interact with them via their sites and social networking has been wonderful.  I won't begin to list them individually, because I'm sure I couldn't list everyone, but all of you - especially all the kind folks who've gone out of their way to congratulate me over the last 24 hours - are wonderful.  The fellowship from others in the horror 'verse is truly the best gift an introverted horror nerd could ever receive.

(And a special thanks to Mr. Joe Monster of From Beyond Depraved, who threw my name into the Rondo hat.  I present to him this certificate good for 1 (one) free firstborn child.  Good luck cashing that in, mate!)
I also need to give a quick thanks for the support to the folks from the real world that have supported my horrific endeavors.  Specifically I must say thanks to Jason, Russ, Dana, Ryan, Holly, and the whole North Grand 5 crew - who are all awesome sauce.  And my Masha, who will cry when she reads this, who is FMWL's biggest fan.  Many thanks to her for pushing the movie nerd side of me to keep up with the football nerd side of me.

And that's it.  Enough sappy crap, I've got writing to do.  FMWL's gonna start proving it's ready for the TENTH Annual Rondo Awards.....right now.  This one's for all y'all.

4 comments:

Fred [The Wolf] said...

Congrats and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Repeating my congrats here. Well deserved my friend. And a class act to boot. Keep up the amazing work.

Jinx said...

Wonderful news! Can't think of anyone more deserving. You always have my vote!

Jose Cruz said...

Most excellent. This certificate has come just in time for a little ceremony I'm having at my house later this week. The Master will be most pleased. My thanks to you, sir!

Seriously though, I think overall the Rondo ballot this year has nothing but the best the horror world has to offer. You rightly deserve a place amongst the rest of them. Kick some ass, The Mike!