Search this blog and The Mike's favorite blogs!

April 19, 2010

FMWL WANTS YOU! Join The Midnight Warriors!

Greetings all,

I love telling you all about movies I love, but it gets dull sometimes. I mean, I don't want to act like some professor lecturing away at the masses, I want those of you who read my ramblings to be a part of FMWL too. So, I've come up with a new feature that I hope will break the norms of this site. I'm not talking this time....I want you to tell me what's good.

Thus, I humbly offer up the opportunity for anyone out there who's reading this to join From Midnight, With Love's band of contributors, The Midnight Warriors. What's that mean, you ask? Good question.

Every so often (if anyone cares to participate), I'm going to offer up a randomly conceived question about YOUR preferences/opinions on Midnight and Cult cinema. Anyone who wants to participate, whether they have their own site or just like to read, is welcome to email me and offer their opinion, and I will then compile the responses in a comprehensive post that will have the potential to blow minds.

Now that we've established the rules, let's get to the first question I've got for you all!

You've been given the opportunity to host a midnight showing of any
genre/cult film you want, and are sure to have a great crowd of like-minded fans who will join in. What's the one movie you're going to pick, and why?

Feel free to write up a couple of sentences or paragraphs with your answer, and email it to me at frommidnightwithlove@gmail.com. If you're a blogger and want to write a full post on it, feel free, just email me a link and I'll link it in said post. All (appropriate) responses will be posted, so make sure to give a name and/or link to your site for our readers.

And if you're really excited about being a Midnight Warrior, feel free to take one of these icons to show your pride! Or not, it's your barbecue.I'll let this run through next Monday, and post the responses I've received then! Thanks for reading everyone, and I hope to hear about your dream midnight movie soon!

10 comments:

Morgan said...

That's a great question. It's going to take a lot of thinking for me.

oducerproducer said...

As a constant midnight movie fan, i'm all for this. I'll post one on my blog & send it to you!

Jinx said...

One film, you say? Ooohh, it's too hard already. Can't believe I'm about to fall at the first fence. I'm probably going to panic now and pick something stupid.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Oh, wow! I'm totally going to take this seriously . . .

Zach S. said...

doooooope!!

I'm down to contribute. Great question to start off with. Though I'm always a fan of the Creature Double Feature...

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Mike, I hope it's all right that I made my own badge for when I participate:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/Kaiachautauqua/MidnightWarriorBadge.jpg

The Groundskeeper said...

I have always dreamed that Warrior status would be conferred upon me without my having to fight anyone or get out of bed. I'll definitely give this one a shot.

Also, thanks for listing me in your sidebar. I feel legitimate.

The Mike said...

Thanks all, I totally look forward to some cool emails!

Hey! Look Behind You! said...

I've been sitting on my movie choice all day and I think I got it. Stay tuned for a post tomorrow :)

I Like Horror Movies said...

IN! Fantastic badges btw Mikemaster General!