Search this blog and The Mike's favorite blogs!

March 23, 2010

Midnight (Near) The Twilight Zone - Tales from the Pub

Recently, whilst inducting FMWL's first Hall of Fame class, I talked favorable about a fellow called Larry Blamire, and mentioned his webseries of short spoofs, Tales From the Pub. With episodes running around 2-3 minutes in length, the series offers several short tales of ridiculous terror that remind one of chiller TV shows like The Twilight Zone. Since I like Blamire's work and like The Twilight Zone, I figured this would be a fine topic to cover here...by posting a few of the videos from the series.

The first example I'll offer is entitled 'The Death Napkin'. It stars Andrew Parks, who also serves as the series' awesomely-named narrator Truphen Newben, and tells of a...well...a death napkin.


The second episode I want to point out is the "message from the beyond" tale entitled....well...'Message From Beyond', which features Blamire and Brian Howe. Howe is probably the most recognizable face in Blamire's troupe, having appeared in films like The Pursuit of Happyness and Gran Torino. Here, we hear about a fellow named Sturpy...


Lastly, here's the gorgeous Fay Masterson in 'There's Somebody Here', as a woman who feels a presence in the titular pub - and then offers up an incredibly paranoid response....


I hope you've enjoyed a few of my favorite bits from the spookiest Pub on YouTube. Until next time, I'm The Mike, saying

No comments: