Search this blog and The Mike's favorite blogs!

January 5, 2009

Statement of Principles

Greetings,

If you've made it here, and have yet to click the back button, you're probably wondering what you've stumbled upon. Welcome to From Midnight, With Love my first blog related to genre cinema.

On this page, you will find the record of my continued affair with midnight movies. Despite my love for all things cinematic, I've often found the most solace by settling in late at night with a movie that does not fit with the common perceptions of what is "good" cinema. I've found that horror, science fiction, kung fu, and western cinema - along with the random mindless action movie - can be of just as much entertainment value as the biggest of blockbusters, and can have as much of an emotional impact as the best of the Oscar Winners (though not always through the same emotions). The problem - and it's a big one - is finding the worthwhile films.

Thus, I come to you with no great purpose. This site shall not exist to tell you what movies are good and which are not, nor will it exist as a soapbox for my rants in regard to what filmmakers and actors deserve punishment. Well, most of the time it won't.

What I do hope to achieve, through my ramblings, is to open some eyes to the other side of filmmaking and flimgoing - to shed some light on the "darker half" of cinema. Thus, I present to you From Midnight, With Love - my tribute to the movies that dare to take us places that most people never really care to think about.

Here's to many happy viewings,
The Mike

No comments: